Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Drift Strategy

For my drift strategy I decided to use the "flip a coin" method. I decided on the coin because I thought it would be extremely effective in taking me to random locations. After encountering a few problems with the strategy, I devised a set of rules that seemed to work pretty well.
The Rules
1. Flip the coin twice at every intersection.
2. If the first flip is heads then the second flip is tails, turn right.
3. If the first flip is tails then the second flip is heads, turn left.
4. If the first and second flip are both heads or both tails, go straight.
5. If the intersection doesn't have all three options (no left turn for example), eliminate the option that is missing and keep flipping the coin until it chooses one of the other two.
6. Never take a turn that leads you back to a place you've already been.

No comments: